Are You Lacking Self-Discipline? 75 Hard: Your Potential Path to TransformationDec 12, 2023
In today's world of instant gratification and constant distractions, self-discipline has become a rare commodity. We scroll endlessly on social media, put off tasks until the last minute, and struggle to resist tempting treats. All of us can fall into bad habits like these.
This lack of self-control can leave us feeling frustrated, unfulfilled, and stuck in a rut. But what if there was a way to break free from this cycle and unlock a new level of inner strength? Enter 75 Hard, a 75-day self-discipline program. It is NOT a challenge. It is not a physical challenge, though it has a significant physical component. What could you accomplish if you had self-discipline like steel?
As we are coming to the end of 2023 it feels like the right time to have this discussion as you look at what you want to accomplish in 2024………………thinking about your goals and when if you decide to give 75 Hard a try will you start.
Before we dive into 75 Hard's transformative potential, let's honestly assess our self-discipline: are we truly masters of our own minds and bodies? Do we consistently follow through on commitments, even when it's tough? Can we resist temptations and stay focused on long-term goals? If the answer is a hesitant "sometimes" or a resounding "no," then it's time to consider the root cause.
Common Culprits of Crumbling Self-Discipline:
- Distraction: The constant barrage of notifications, alerts, and new content bombards our brains, making it hard to stay focused on any one task.
- Procrastination: We fear failure, judgement, or even just the initial discomfort of starting, so we push things off until the pressure mounts.
- Lack of goals: Without clear, compelling objectives, our actions become aimless and easily swayed by fleeting impulses.
- Negative self-talk: We criticize ourselves, belittle our efforts, and focus on past failures, chipping away at our motivation and confidence.
- Unhealthy habits: Sugary treats, excessive screen time, and inadequate sleep sap our energy and willpower, making it harder to resist temptations and follow through on commitments.
These are just a few factors that can erode our self-discipline, leaving us feeling like puppets on the strings of our impulses. But there is hope. 75 Hard isn't just another fad diet or a quick fix; it's a comprehensive program that tackles self-discipline from multiple angles, rebuilding it brick by brick. It will change your life.
This program is deceptively simple yet profoundly impactful. Simple does not mean easy though. For 75 days straight, you must adhere to five non-negotiable rules:
- Diet: Follow a clean eating plan, avoiding alcohol, added sugars, and most highly processed foods. You can decide, carnivore, keto, vegan or tracking macros- the choice is up to you.
- Exercise: Complete two 45-minute workouts daily, one must be outdoors.
- Read 10 pages of non-fiction: Feed your mind with knowledge and inspiration.
- Drink 1 gallon of water: Stay hydrated and flush out toxins. Plain water, no additives.
- Take a progress photo: Track your physical and mental transformation. I disliked this, until I was done.
These rules may seem straightforward, but the real challenge lies in consistency. There are no cheat days, heck no cheat meals, no excuses. 75 Hard pushes you out of your comfort zone, forcing you to confront your weaknesses and build resilience.
If you fail any aspect, you must start over at day one. I failed to take a progress pic on day 14 and had to restart, so my first 75 Hard took 89 days. Andy Frisella did not design this to be easy.
75 Hard: Benefits Beyond the Physical:
While the program promises physical results, its true value lies in the deeper transformation. Participants report:
- Increased willpower: You learn to resist temptations and say no to distractions, empowering you in all areas of life.
- Improved mental clarity: Focus becomes laser-sharp, allowing you to tackle complex tasks with ease.
- Enhanced confidence: Completing 75 Hard instills a belief in your own capabilities, making you unstoppable.
- Greater self-awareness: You gain a deeper understanding of your triggers, habits, and what truly motivates you.
- Unwavering discipline: This challenge becomes a foundation for building self-discipline that extends far beyond the program's 75 days.
75 Hard is not for the faint of heart. It requires a commitment to self-improvement, a willingness to face discomfort, and a relentless drive to push beyond your perceived limits. But for those who dare to embrace it, the rewards are immeasurable. You'll emerge with a newfound level of self-control, a resilient mind, and the power to turn any goal into reality.
For those that complete it often they say it is “transformational” or “life changing”.
So, are you lacking self-discipline? Don't resign yourself to a life of unfulfilled potential. Don’t lie to yourself and make weak resolutions when it comes to New Years……commit to change………to upgrading yourself in more ways than you realize. Consider 75 Hard. It may just be the catalyst you need to unlock the powerhouse within and take control of your own destiny.
Remember, self-discipline isn't a magic pill; it's a muscle that needs to be trained. 75 Hard provides the rigorous workout, but the long-term results depend on your continued commitment to self-improvement. Are you ready to step into the arena and forge the self-discipline you deserve? The answer lies within you.
If you would like to discuss this or other areas you may want to work on and improve drop me a line at [email protected].